Friday, February 18, 2011

a few quick notes

I'd have more pictures if I had a brain, but I was so intent on working up new projects for Spriing, that I had a "Barbie bubble"  and forgot.  Wanted to let you know that Cindy has been hard at work on the "Soldier's Cot Quilt" in Kathleen Tracy's Civil War Sewing Circle book.  I'll post a picture as soon as she finishes the border!  There is a good bit of additional information about cot quilts from the civil war.  If this interests you, be sure to check out material about the Civil War Sanitary Commission.
Jacqueline has the top finished for the Grandmother's Flower Garden doll quilt, from the same book, finished.  She did a lovely job with the applique, and this is her first applique project! 
Is this sweet, or what?
We also got kits cut for the concentric squares in both pastel and a patriotic red, white and blue--Memorial Day will be here befoe you know it, closely followed by ........
We're ordering some lovely solids that we've been missing for a while.  If you think this is a good thing, please be sure to let us know, so we know if we should keep building that selection. 
I get inspired every time I come in to work, so, be sure to stop in often and see what I've talked everybody in to doing next.
the other linda

No comments:

Post a Comment