Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Doll Quilts!


We all fell in love with the little quilts in Kathleen Tracy's Civil War Sewing Circle.  Jacqueline made the Hexagon one seen in one of the previous posts.  Now I've made this one from the same book:
I still have to quilt it, and that just wasn't in the cards this week.  And some of you are saying that you don't have anyone to make a doll quilt for (ain't that good English?).  I don't either, but I love
a)feeling accomplished
   b)trying out new projects
                                                                c)playing with fabrics and colors that I wouldn't or couldn't use for a big quilt.
So, I hang them on a wall in my dining room:
There's still some room left, and when it's full, I'll move into another room.  And, besides, I'm making them for me.
We're having so much fun with this, we're starting a Doll Group on the third Wednesday of each month.  The one I showed you above is the first one in the series.  It'll only be $5/mo plus supplies each month, and after the first one, you'll have input into the ones we do in the future.  So, come see us from 1:30 to 3:30 on Wed. the 16th.  Bring  your machine and basic sewing supplies.  We'll have fabric.  If you already have the book, you'll be all set.  You can join this group any time.  The only thing is, we'll need to know you're coming, as we're limited on spaces.  Call early and reserve your space.  We'll be trying all sorts of new things: trying out new tools, talking about magazines and books, taking a shot at design, playing with color, giving input into what you'd like the see us get in or do................phew.  And lots more.  Hope to see you there.  I' ll pretend to be running the show, and if nothing else, I'm good for a laugh.
later
the other Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment